Sunday, March 30, 2008

California,Minnesota, Michigan,Ohio OH MY!!

Wow what a whirlwind month!! In my previous post I told about our trip to California which was February 24th for a week. We had a good time but our time out there was saddened a bit when we heard the news that my Grandpa was rushed to the hospital with pnuemonia and wasn't expected to live. He in fact did pass away on my way home from California on February 29th. It was and still is very hard thing for me. I was very close to my Grandpa and miss him a whole lot. But I know that he is at home with his savior now so I mourn only for his presence here on earth but know that I will see him again! So after being in California for a week Chester and I literally had one day to do laundry and some household chores and then we headed up to Minnesota for my Grandpa's funeral and memorial service. It was a very long drive but we made it thanks to a constant playing of Barney. For some reason my son adores the big purple dinosaur. The songs are ingrated in my head now but hey it kept him happy!! We were up in Minnesota for a week and we saw many family members I hadn't seen in years. It was nice to catch up with them but we all exclaimed that family only gets together for two things weddings and funerals. But thats the way life goes. My Grandpa's memorial service was very beautiful and a testimony to how he lived his life for Christ. I was able to get up and say a few things about my grandpa I made it almost all the way thru without crying but remembering how my Grandpa always got us McDonalds gift cards for Christmas really made the tears come. We enjoyed spending some time with our friends Anne and Taylor and their boys and we got to meet our friends Joey and Jareds new baby boy Aiden. So happy times among the sad. We then left Minnesota and made the long trek back home. But we wouldn't be home for long. One week after getting back from Minnesota we headed up to Michigan to my parents house and then on to Ohio for my cousin Kelli's wedding on March 22nd It was a really nice wedding and the reception was kickin!! I had fun seeing my cousins and my sisters. My sisters of course loved playing with Cortlyn and Auntie Laurie even took him swimming in the hotel pool!! We enjoyed Easter sunday with my grandma and my aunt and uncle and cousin and then we headed back to Detroit for a few more days with my parents. Then finally we made it home and we are home for a long time now!!! Cortie was so happy to be home in his own bed and all his toys. And me I have been a mad woman cleaning my house from top to bottom and rehauling my closets!! For some reason organizing has been my fortey the last week. It helps keep me calm and not dwell on things to much. But that is a whole new blog to discuss. So that was my whirlwind month of traveling, funerals, weddings, Disneyland, snow, cold temps, you name it. All I can say is THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!











2 comments:

Melissa said...

Lynette, I'm so sorry for your loss, I can tell y'all had a very special bond.

I'm glad you're home now and able to regain some normalcy. :)

Steph said...

Wow Lynette! You must be exhausted! I too, am so sorry about your grandfather.

I'm glad you guys are home safe and that Cortyln made it through all that traveling! Those weren't short trips! What a trooper!