Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Miss my Grandpa!


I have been struggling today missing my grandpa a whole lot. I really want to be able to tell him about the new baby coming and know that I can't. He would have been so excited for us. He loved meeting Cortlyn and getting to hold him and play with him. Now I know my Grandpa is in heaven with Jesus and he feels no sorrow or pain but down here I miss him and wish I could give him one more hug and smell his scent of old spice. I dreamed about him last night and this hymn came to my mind in my dream and I was singing it in church and my grandpa was there. The last stanza is what my grandpa is experiencing now. Its called All that Thrills my Soul is Jesus and its one of my old time favorites. Here are the lyrics


Who can cheer the heart like Jesus,By His presence all divine?True and tender, pure and precious,O how blest to call Him mine!

Refrain:All that thrills my soul is Jesus;He is more than life to me;And the fairest of ten thousand In my blessed Lord I see.

Love of Christ so freely given,Grace of God beyond degree,Mercy higher than the heaven,Deeper than the deepest sea!What a wonderful redemption!Never can a mortal know

How my sin, tho' red like crimson,Can be whiter than the snow.Ev'ry need His hand supplying,Ev'ry good in Him I see;On His strength divine relying,He is all in all to me.

By the crystal flowing riverWith the ransomed I will sing,And forever and foreverPraise and glorify the King.


I miss you Grandpa!

1 comment:

chona said...

I'm glad he got to get to know Cortlyn and that you will one day see him again! Thank you for sharing the beautiful hymn!