Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cortlyn is a Big Boy Now!!


It seems like just yesterday that my boy was a baby!! I waited so long for him to arrive that when he got here, I was so excited and just loved being able to be with him all the time. He was a momma's boy and we did everything together. But now he is getting to be such a big boy and I am having a hard time letting go of my sweet baby boy!! But alas the time has come and this past week he has really stepped up the big boy and is now going on the potty and wearing big boy underpants almost all the time and keeping them dry!!! Last week a light just went on in his head and he went #2 on the potty which is what we had been trying to get him to do with no avail and he just went in said I have to go poopy and away we went!! He was so excited and we danced around and celebrated!! So now we are on to the next big boy adventure which is putting up his big boy bed. I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this I want him to get bigger but he won't be my sweet little baby anymore tucked in sweetly in his crib. I wonder if it a struggle with all moms with their first born. With Catherine I am much more ok with her milestones as was able to leave her way earlier than I ever did her brother. I mean I did not leave him for an overnight till he was near 2 years old and I cried and cried at the airport when I left him with daddy for a weekend. But I have since left him since then and have been fine. So I have a big boy in my house now. And although I miss my little baby I am looking forward to him growing up to be a godly man, warrior and friend. That is what he prays with daddy every night. I love you Cortlyn George Thompson!!!!

No comments: