Thursday, January 24, 2008

A New Name

Okay so I finally went and did it I am officially now a Thompson!!! You may ask what haven't you been married for four years and the answer is yes but I never bothered to have my last name changed for the mere fact that I was lazy and didn't want to go thru the hassle and at the time most everything was in my name and again didn't want to go thru the trouble of changing all my ids. But now after having a kid it really should be done. Since of course when he was born he was baby boy Pedlar not Thompson. Of course his birth cert and all that stuff has Thompson but on those little cards on the bassinets in the hospital he was baby boy Pedlar much to my hubbies chargin!!! So for next baby it will definitely be baby Thompson. And let me tell you I will only go to the SS office one time, that place is a zoo!! It felt like detention cause you had to be quiet and no cell phones and if it did ring the security guard was on you right away. It took forever to snake thru the line and try that with a 13 mo old. Oh well Cortie was good as usual but glad that is done!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I think I might have you beat...I don't ever recall actually going down to SS to do this...YIKES!!!

Erin said...

Wow, that's really funny, L! Welcome to the tortured name changers club, Mrs. Thompson! (Enjoying your blog by the way! Welcome to this club, too!)

Coffman Family said...

Finally friend! I am so glad you did it! Now, are you going to sit down and practice writing your new name over and over again...?